BUSINESS LENDING MANAGER
Enterprise Answers is a North West based CDFI (Community Development Finance Institution), the only rural CDFI in the country and a member of Responsible Finance. We are passionate about helping SMEs to flourish by providing them with access to finance. We lend our own funds as well as those of third party organisations.
Due to impending retirement, we are seeking to recruit a new Business Lending Manager to cover Cumbria, North Lancashire & the Yorkshire Dales.
Job Title: Business Lending Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
To originate new business and appraise lending proposals for Enterprise Answers business loans to growing SMEs in the North West, primarily in Cumbria, North Lancashire & the Yorkshire Dales.
Enterprise Answers is a Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI) and a member of Responsible Finance. As a lender and manager of funds, we are committed to providing viable SME’s with access to finance in the North West region. We are a Delivery Partner of the British Business Bank’s Enterprise Finance Guarantee & Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan schemes.
This can be a home-based position that will require working out in the field, from our Penrith office.
Responsible to the Chief Executive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Whilst not limited to these the principle areas of this role are as follows:
- To generate new business through personal networking and contacts
- Undertake loan appraisals including risk assessment of the business proposition and affordability of finance for the borrower
- Completion and submission of all required documentation relating to the lending decision
- Uploading and monitoring of data on the loan management system
- To contribute towards agreed delivery targets
- To promote the Company in order to raise profile as appropriate
- To maintain positive customer relationships with own portfolio clients
- Liaise with the Finance Officer regarding loan arrears and recovery actions
- Undertake any actions in respect of arrears cases as agreed with the Chief Executive
- Ensure all reporting requirements are kept up to date
- To undertake training as required to ensure compliance in regard to the FCA and other regulatory bodies as appropriate
- To manage your own Continuing Professional Development in consultation with the Chief Executive
- To work in accordance with the necessary procedures
- To actively and positively contribute to the staff review process and to follow up agreed actions
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the postholder, in response to new circumstances.
Minimum 3 years’ proven experience in the SME lending sector
Effective relationship management skills
Ability to forge networks and generate new business
Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Effective workload prioritisation and time management skills
Computer literate (min. MS Office proficiency)
Adaptable and a team player
Ability and willingness to travel
A commitment to the ethos of the Responsible Finance sector
A degree or equivalent finance/business professional qualification
Existing networks and contacts relevant to this position
A good knowledge of the SME business base in the area of coverage
Knowledge of FCA regulated lending
Experience of CRM data inputting
How to Apply:
For a copy of the full job description and key terms, please email Louise Lawson at [email protected]
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are the best candidate to the Chief Executive at [email protected]
To discuss the role informally, please contact Grahame Latus on 07817 182242.
Closing Date: Friday 10th July 2020.