Supporting enterprises to realise their creativity, exploit innovation and unleash their potential to start, expand and grow, creating or protecting jobs along the way.
We lend to businesses operating across the north of England, with partners where appropriate, including:
Our application process is geared towards understanding your business and assessing whether we can help. It gives us enough information to ensure that the process moves swiftly.
You can request an application form and either email or post it to us once completed with the required supporting documentation, or make a fast track enquiry by filling in the enquiry form to allow us to make a quick preliminary assessment of whether or not a full application is likely to be successful.
When an application is received it is allocated to our Business Lending Manager and if we find that further information is required, we will advise you as soon as possible.
After making an initial assessment, the Business Lending Manager will arrange a meeting with you to gain a full understanding of your business and financial needs.
We aim to complete the process, once we have received all the information, within 4 weeks.
Overview of Terms
- Amounts between £5,000 – £100,000
- For businesses and social enterprises based in the areas specified above
- For most business purposes and sectors
- Repayment terms from 6 months to 10 years
- No penalty for early repayment
- Interest rate 10% - 14%
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q – Who can apply for a loan?
A – Loans are available to any type of business – from sole traders to limited companies, including social enterprises.
- Q – How long can I have the loan over?
A – The minimum loan term is six months and the maximum term is ten years. The actual term of loan will depend to some extent on what the funds will be used for. If it is for a capital asset it would be for less than the useful life of that asset. If it is for cash flow then we will try and tailor our loan to suit the projected cash generation of the business.
- Q – How much do I have to put towards the project?
A – There is no specific amount we would expect to see. However, we would expect the applicant to be fully committed to the business and have a financial stake in the success of the venture.
- Q – Is security required?
A – We reserve the right to request security and much will depend on the quality of the application with emphasis on key areas such as the amount requested, the business sector, loan purpose, business experience. Personal guarantees will be requested for loans to Limited Companies.
- Q – Are there any charges if I repay early?
A – No. There are no penalties.
- Q – How much can I borrow?
A – The minimum loan is £5,000 and the maximum is £100,000.
- Q- Are any sectors excluded?
A – No.
- Q- How do I apply?
A – Just complete the online enquiry form or contact us by telephone, post or email to request an application pack and return this to us with the documents specified within the application form.
- Do you have a business plan?
- Are you looking for finance up to £100,000?
- Is your business based in Cumbria, Northumbria, Country Durham or North Lancashire?
- Please complete our enquiry form and we will get back in touch with you.